Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) offers multiple advantages, especially when it comes to efficiently centralize IT resources. In addition to providing impressive data security, the platform enables multiple systems to harmonize and function smoothly in a professional work environment. Furthermore, remote data centers store time and mission-critical information with high-level redundancy which minimizes the risk of data loss for enterprises.
Choosing the right type of VDI software systems to create and manage virtual environments is an important part of every IT professional’s decision-making process. Today, we shall look at the best virtual desktop software systems in 2020.
Amazon WorkSpaces is a scalable cloud virtual desktop service with multiple applications designed to manage Windows and Linux desktops. By simplifying hardware and OS version management, it buys administrators more time to focus on other aspects of computing. Here are some key features that have earned the brand a place among the top virtual desktop software systems in 2019:
- Multiple pricing plans offer convenience for organizations to choose the most cost-efficient option as per their unique needs. The tiers differ on the basis of power, graphics, value and standard services, and overall performance. Another option to choose between hourly or monthly payment systems gives companies full control over resource usage and expenses.
- Support for up to 4 displays and a maximum resolution of 3840×2160 (ultra-high definition).
- Fully-managed service capable of scaling up to thousands of users, regardless of location.
- Integrates PCoIP technology to deliver a familiar desktop UX and secure information either in one’s on-premises deployment or the AWS cloud.
Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops
Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops are low-cost VDI software solutions known for providing user mobility benefits. They facilitate total control of apps, licensing, VMs, and security, while offering teams access to apps and desktops anywhere, anytime and on any device. Organizations can virtualize Skype for Business in Citrix, making the platform ideal for secure communications and transactions.
In a nutshell:
- SMBs and enterprises benefit from state-of-the-art system monitoring, granular access control, and remote access to Linux and Windows virtual apps and desktops.
- Pricing starts at 12 USD/month and the platform comes with a free trial.
- The solutions work well with AMD, Intel, and NVIDIA GPUs. They are perfect for power users who demand robust graphics performance to support their tasks.
- They facilitate dynamic and convenient business communication with the virtualization of Skype features for Business, Cisco Jabber, and Avaya One-X.
- They separate web browsing activities from the internal network, thus securing all operations from viruses or malicious cyber-attack attempts.
VMWare Horizon Cloud
VMWare Horizon Cloud is a cloud-based virtual desktop software that offers services to multiple local and remote machines. Businesses can remotely access all enterprise resources including databases and documents while streamlining and securing management processes. The versatile solution also provides flexible pricing packages that organizations can choose from. It provides a single dashboard to manage and control all devices that are attached to a central control panel. The following is an overview of its features and benefits:
- Horizon Cloud incorporates a cross-cloud architecture. Administrators can decide whether their virtual desktops and applications should reside in VMware-managed cloud, Bring Your Own Cloud (BYOC), or both.
- IT departments can manage virtual desktops and applications without any hassle as they will receive access to all information on virtual machines (VMs). Horizon Cloud simplifies and secures end-user access to digital workspaces anywhere, anytime, and on any device.
- The platform offers a subscription system that allows businesses to pay as they grow, hence making the most of their current investments.
Microsoft Azure is a collection of tools, templates, and managed services, making it a comprehensive desktop and app virtualization service in the cloud. It provides multi-session Windows 10, Linux, Office 365 ProPlus optimizations, easy management benefits, and Remote Desktop Service (RDS) environment support. Built-in security and compliance features allow businesses to rapidly scale and deploy desktops and apps.
- Microsoft Azure provides high availability and redundancy in data centers. It has a downtime track record of only 4.38 hours per year with a 99.95% SLA for Azure VMs within data centers that leverage Availability Sets.
- The software follows the standard security protocols to Detect, Assess, Diagnose, Stabilize, and Close. Its multi-level protection features also safeguard enterprise intellectual property from exposure to increasing global cyber threats.
- Its pay-as-you-go pricing model is an affordable way for businesses to manage their budget accordingly.
- The cloud environment provides yet another option for companies to manage expenses resourcefully by assisting them with launching customer applications and internal apps in the cloud.
These are just a few brands that promise extraordinary performance in VDI setups, and the list does not end here.
What if we tell you that your business can also benefit from an all-in-one IT software, known as the most comprehensive centralized and virtual desktop solution to date?
Enter Our Sentral Management Suite.
For powerful, end-to-end support that covers everything from VDI project plans to Centralized Desktop Infrastructure (CDI) deployments, our Sentral software is your go-to solution. The technology takes VDI and CDI performance to the next level by adding connection brokering support for Linux and Windows-based workstations. It also comes with element management efficiencies and support for ClearCube’s EndPoint Manager software.
Sentral’s single management framework dynamically decreases IT infrastructure systems complexity and enables flexible policy creation. It secures sensitive data and reduces noise and heat in workplaces by moving virtual and physical workstations to the datacenter.
Have any questions or require further details? Please get in touch with the ClearCube team. We are always online and ready to assist you.